Afriyea Golf Seminar links up with The Social Golfer to grow the game in Uganda.
The Social Golfer, the UK’s largest golf society network with over 14,000 registered users worldwide, has spoken a strategic partnership with the Afriyea Golf Academy, a non-profit organisation in Uganda.
The partnership will help Afriyea Golf Seminar raise vital funds to protract with its golf programmes. The programmes teach underprivileged youths and children with special needs to prosper in life via the game of golf.
Growing the game in Africa
As part of the partnership, The Social Golfer will raise monies to support the seminar with Golf Equipment and golf clothing.
In addition, The Social Golfer will provide the kids with a platform on which to record their scores and track their progress via their new unique TSG Handicap Index System.
Furthermore, the site, which had increasingly than 245K unique visitors in 2022, has well-set to raise funds at their flagship event – The Social Golfer OPEN 2023 – on July 30th at Blenchingly Golf Club in Surrey.
Support the Afriyea Golf Academy
The Social Golfer is inviting UK-based golf clubs to donate a 4-ball to their auction, with all proceeds going to Afriyea Golf Academy.
The auction’s target is to raise £5,000.
The money will moreover be used to provide a pathway for kids into the professional game of golf by 2030.
The money raised from the vendition will go towards providing 1,000 kids in 21 schools with water bottles, hats, and mobile phones to record their progress.
In return for their donation, participating golf clubs will receive many benefits, including:
- A self-ruling vendible well-nigh their club’s participation on The Social Golfer website
- A self-ruling backlink to their website worth £100
- Social media posts and tags virtually The Social Golfer OPEN event
- Rights to any images or video taken on the day for use wideness social media and the website
- The option to add an Afriyea Golf Seminar logo to their website, confirming their support.
Key facts well-nigh The Afriyea Golf Academy:
- Afriyea Golf Seminar students walk 20km a day to earn just £2 for their education
- Their polity supports 1000 kids, in 21 schools with coaching and equipment
- The Seminar moreover promotes Sustainability, Conservation, Diversity, and Equality via the game of golf.
- It financing just £50 per annum to provide ONE child a year’s education & golf
Speaking well-nigh the new partnership:
“We are so excited to partner with The Social Golfer,” said CEO of Afriyea Golf Academy, Isaiah Mwesgie. “This partnership will help us raise the funds we need to provide golf programs to underprivileged youth and kids with special needs. We believe that golf can be a powerful tool for social change, and we are single-minded to using the game to help these young people reach their full potential.”
Ian Mullins, Editor of The Social Golfer said “We are so excited to partner with Afriyea Golf Seminar and support their mission to provide golf programs to underprivileged kids and promote sustainability and conservation via the game of golf. I can’t applaud Isiah unbearable for his work so far. We are inspired by both his story and the academy’s ambitions. We believe with our help and support; we can make a real transpiration to golf in Uganda and all of Africa!”